I provide a range of services:
In and Out editing:
Do you regularly write copy for your newsletter, blog, website, etc., and need someone to clean up any typos and give it a shine before you hit the SUBMIT button? I have a sharp eye and can do this for you with a quick turnaround.
No matter what you write—whether it's for business or to share your personal journey—you want your readers to be delightfully absorbed in what you have to say, without being distracted by spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors. I will proofread what you have written and make editorial suggestions.
In addition to basic editing, if you are looking for more in-depth, one-on-one support for your writing project, large or small, and want a skilled literary midwife by your side, this is my forte!
Telling your story:
You have a story to tell—about your life, a memory, a moment—but need someone to help you get going or keep going. Every writer, even a seasoned one, needs backup—somebody in their corner to turn to for guidance during the word birthing process. I can be that person for you.
What you can expect:
Honest and kind feedback
Sharp editing and proofreading
Support as you find your voice and grow into your work
Inspiration, encouragement, and enthusiasm. I will have your back!
Hand-holding—when you need that level of support. We'll make our favorite beverages, settle into our seats, and chat it out over Zoom.
Here's how it works:
1. Contact me by email, email@example.com, and attach a copy of your writing project—or the first five pages if it is lengthy—as a Google Doc. Tell me what kind of editorial and/or writing support you are looking for. No muss-no fuss proofreading and simple editing? Or should I bring my "midwife bag?"
2. I will respond within 24 hours. We will set up an appointment for a complimentary, thirty-minute consultation, where we can discuss your project and see if we are a good fit. If so, I will upload your work to a Google Doc, if you have not already done so, and provide professional editing and helpful notes. Within a timely manner, I'll email you the link with your edited work.
3. You can then go over the suggested changes. We'll go back and forth until everything is acceptable and you're ready to go.
4. If you have questions or wish to work more closely on your project, we can schedule a call and then go through the changes together for further guidance, support, and helpful tweaks.
5. For longer-term projects, we'll set our schedule accordingly.
6. When your project is complete, you'll have email access for an additional week if you have follow-up questions or need clarification and support.
$30 per hour
Inquire about special rates for longer-term projects.